Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rotary Meetings

Dare this be, two days in a row? Shhhh.....

I got to attend the Rotary meeting yesterday...great stuff. Good presentations. Heard about the 3D printer. I've only heard about them once on the news. I don't have cable so its very rare that I watch TV. However, I got to see the machine, the process, and the finished product! Pretty hi-tech, maybe a little too much for me but cool nonetheless. Check them out... Also heard about Comitis Crisis Center. They provide shelter and food to homeless families, they are seeing 7 times the amount of people that they did last year, pretty necessary service they provide. The demand is growing and they provide 1300 meals in a night to families. That's a lot of dishes! They are talking with the City Council and Mayor because of their exponential growth and demand! About Comitis The member from Comitis that presented to the club gave a generous donation towards my trip. Thank you! I'm sure I'll be volunteering soon to help with food prep or story telling. Last but not least, there was a new member inducted. He represents InnovAge. A great geriatrics organization, I was particularly interested in this service since my grandmother is 87 and could use a little help! InnovAge Info

After that, I was off to work. School starts next week...yay! 5 months until Thailand...I think a timeline/countdown is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment