Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Leaps and Bounds!!

They were made. Finally, my parents got to meet Len. Len is my Rotary father. He is my mentor, teacher and guru of the Thailand trip. Thankfully, he took about 4 hours out of his day to come to the school BBQ and meet with my parents. I debriefed with my parents afterwards and it things seemed to be genuinely pleasant. My parents got some re-assurance that I will be ok….I mean really, does such a thing exist? I do live in a city that has had two horrendous mass shootings so far, no that is not a challenge to re-create a more horrific one. I drive to work every day, isn’t that scary enough? It is to me, especially since I saw two accidents on the way to work this morning! I work at a school. I’m sure some student could be disgruntled and come back fuming with vengeance, I’ll be sitting in the main office like a duck on the pond ripe for the picking. Lucky for me, my school is more about character building and modeling rather than character molding. Our students are pretty darn cool.  

So now my conversations with my dad have changed from, “what can I do to make you stay?” to “hey, I might come visit you!”. Like I said….Leaps and Bounds!! My dad is pretty stubborn, ok that might be a slight understatement. My dad is notoriously obstinate! I learned it from somewhere right? All in all the day was pretty fantastic. After debriefing with the folks, I ran with my buddy Tess. She’s a B.E.A.S.T! She would totally deny it and down play it if approached on it, but the woman is pretty incredible. She ran a half marathon last Saturday with her daughter, ran a half marathon this weekend with her son, and ran 7.11 miles with me last night! She runs more miles than most people drive!  That’s why she’s my partner : )
Minus a little chub rub from my unfriendly running shorts, I’m feeling pretty good today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment