Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

My First Official Fundraiser

Brain dump time! That’s what happens when you don’t take the time to actually write every day. It all gets stored and saved up and then EXPLODES!

I had my first fundraiser for my trip a week ago today. All in all it was good. We had a workout, dinner and a movie at the gym. Not as many people showed as I anticipated but the ones that did show were my closest friends and I’m very thankful for that. I also had a TON of help from everyone getting it all pulled together. Without them I would have been a wreck! I got to pilot a simultaneous workout with my sparring partner. It’s never been done in our gym and since we just expanded, it was fun to see how we could make that work. It went really well, and by well I mean everyone was sweating and got a good workout! We had a guest speaker who did a great job talking about the Rotary and Thailand project. Folks were interested and asking questions, but we did go over time and the food got cold and people started to get HANGRY! (hungry+angry) I also did not provide a vegetarian option….hello, how did I forget that? I knew full well some of my guests were vegetarians! Oppps! We had a bunch of food left over since I thought more people were going to show. So we did send food home with a lot of our hangry friends. I think we started the movie at about 8:30pm. So after the movie and clean up, it was 1am when I got home. After expenses I made $250. I had a lot of very generous donations, thank you for that! Fundraisers are a lot of work! You have to plan, prepare and repeat!
My favorite is the follow up, the thank you afterwards. I always have this very gracious feeling toward mankind after I have been shown a great deal of gratitude, I love that feeling. So what’s next on the fundraiser front?? Well I have survival bracelets for sale. They come in a variety of colors and are hand made by a very smart 16 year old. He needs the money and so do I, so buy some ok? They’re $10. Maybe a karaoke night next?

No comments:

Post a Comment