Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Anxiety

This is definitely a self induced illness I give myself! By definition it is an unpleasant state of inner turmoil, often accompanied by nervous behavior. It’s also a Black Eyed Peas song! Nervous behavior, check, I have them. Nail biting, hair twirling, teeth clenching, foot taping, knuckle cracking, pen chewing, face rubbing, procrastinating, fidgeting, overspending, overeating…. Yea, good times.  So how do I deal with my anxiety? I try not to let it consume me, sometimes I fail miserably at that. Other times I do ok. I tend to take on way more then I can handle because I’m really bad about saying no to people. I don’t want to let them down. Then I become overstretched and over committed and the anxiety sets in! This is why I work 7 days a week and have 3 jobs. So instead of doing a few things really well, I do a lot of things poorly, at least that’s my opinion. One of my goals is to overcome this. Learn from my mistakes and continue to grow. I want to find enlightenment.  I want to have new health ways to deal with these unpleasant feelings that come to the surface. Hopefully, I can gain self control and reverse the behavioral pattern that I have set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment